On Thu, Jul 31, 2003 at 10:18:01PM -0700, Patrick Spence wrote:
} the main one I am concerned with is a script for subscriptions that
} handles via .htaccess entries.. the next most used set is the rewrite
} stuff done by Gallery (gallery.menalto.com) which is primarily just
} rewrite commands to make friendly URLs out of url encoded ones..

I have a tinyurl.com clone written using AOLserver and Postgres
(shouldn't be very hard to port to use about any DB) which does
make "nice" urls (http://myturl.com/software/dist/).  I'm working
it into OpenACS ( to provide nice 'Email This Link' for pages).

The basic functionlity is fairly generic and should be easy to move
into other projects.

Mat Kovach