Peter M. Jansson said:
>> the problem isn't
>> that the functionality is missing, its not knowning syntax.
>
> Patrick's case is that he wants to use a 3rd-party package that requires
> Apache semantics, and it's not a matter of his knowing the syntax,
> (which he probably does anyway), but it's that the 3rd-party packages do
> automated things with the .htaccess files and expect them to work.
>
> What would be helpful would be to collect a list of .htaccess directives
> that such packages use, so we could figure out how to support them.

This is an extract of what is in one of the .htaccess files... Mostly I
think it is just the mod_rewrite and the access control stuff that is used
for a lot of what is out there..

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /gallery/
RewriteRule ^([^\.\?/]+)/([0-9]+)$
/gallery/view_photo.php?set_albumName=$1&index=$2       [QSA]
RewriteRule ^([^\.\?/]+)/([A-Za-z_0-9\-]+)$
/gallery/view_photo.php?set_albumName=$1&id=$2  [QSA]
RewriteRule ^([^\.\?/]+)/$      /gallery/$1     [R]
RewriteRule ^([^\.\?/]+)$       /gallery/view_album.php?set_albumName=$1
     [QSA]
</IfModule>