On Thu, 31 Jul 2003, Patrick Spence wrote:

> Using filters is easy enough, I did it when I ran AS.. but I am running
> some third party stuff that is made more capable/powerful with mod_rewrite
> and .htaccess... and some other software that requires .htaccess so it
> makes it easier to work with...  in other words its not the functionality
> that is already there in other ways, but the compatibility that I need.

Fair enough.  I think it's possible to write a mod_rewrite emulation
layer, but I'm very skeptical about .htaccess, unless it's a limited
subset.  What .htaccess directives are used?  As I wrote earlier,
completely supporting every possible .htaccess directive would require a
lot of work and would fundamentally change the way AOLserver works.