On 5 Sep 2006, at 18:54, Dossy Shiobara wrote:
Of course, non-AOL employees are free to speak and speculate all you
want.  We just can't confirm or deny any of it.
Here goes my speculation then!

From between the lines in the past, I picked up that AOL business units are getting a bit of freedom to choose technologies. Probably not in the least because like other "portals" AOL does buy existing tech; if you buy a small website with a service you want to add to your portfolio and get to market quickly, you just buy it and don't go and port it all to AOLserver.

I am sure that on top of that even for "from scratch" products, business unit managers probably like "hot" tech too and try their very best not to use AOLserver at times.

Though probably there is an *aweful* lot of code in AOL that is completely dependent on AOLserver and I'll end my speculation with saying that AOL won't be offloading AOLserver any time soon, even if they scale back some future ("cool") developments.

But that shouldn't stop anyone in the comunity from implementing these, though!

Bas.