Hey all!

I've thrown all the parts together and have a working prototype of the
lexical selection module. A rule compiler, and a processor.

At the moment the rule format is like:

https://apertium.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/apertium/branches/apertium-lex-tools/examples/rules.txt

But we have also discussed an XML-based format, which would be like:

https://apertium.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/apertium/branches/apertium-lex-tools/examples/rules.xml

I would like to, as my next step, improve the rule compiler (at the
moment there is a lot of string mangling that I think could be improved
on -- e.g. for holding the pattern lengths/ids), and support the XML
format, but in order to do this, I would first like to get comments on
it. Is there anything that you would change? Do you feel comfortable
writing rules in this format?

I would also greatly welcome handwritten test rules (with example
sentences if possible) for _any_ language pair.

Best regards,

Fran