Bill,
I recently tried what Susan suggested earlier (creating a new user)
and now the DTP-style printing works! the old account still does not
work however.
This is a good thing, at least we were able to close in on what's
causing this problem. BUT, we really want to know what has happened to
my old account and why it can't print.
to answer your question, no i don't have Crystal Reports Dev installed
on my machine.

Susan,
I just recently opened a ticket with Remedy, i'll let you all know
what's going on with that when they reply back to me.