Hello Stan,

I think the use of sub-processes would support this.

 There are 2 options:

A *sub process task* is a way of linking in another process. When tasks are
created, tasks for the main process are created, along with tasks for the
sub process. The linking is done in such a way that the sub process runs
all its tasks before passing control back to the main process tasks. I have
tested with a 3 level process, which is attached. This is a good way of
reusing a set of tasks that are the same in several processes. If using
this, the sub process used should not have a starting task set, otherwise
it will be assigned before the sub process task has been reached. Note also
that you need to be careful when changing the sub process that you also
update the version number in the  sub process task in the parent process,
this is not done automatically.

A *start new process action*. When this action is run, additional tasks are
generated at run time for the process defined. These additional tasks are
run concurrently with the calling process, so slightly different to a *sub
process task.*

*hope this helps*

*Regards/Vaibhav
*

On Thu, Dec 13, 2012 at 9:43 AM, Stanley Feinstein <
st...@projectremedies.com> wrote:

> **
>
> Hi Tauf.****
>
> ** **
>
> Thanks for your feedback.  The reason you want to have ad hoc tasks is the
> always prevalent reality: the 80/20 rule.  80% of the time, the tasks in
> the pre-defined process fit the request, but 20% of the time it doesn’t.
> ****
>
> ** **
>
> The other purpose is for new processes and enabling your help desk people
> to, when they see the need for a new process, use an ad hoc task capability
> to create new processes on the fly.  The ad hoc task capability should
> change any Remedy ticket into a multi-task process on the fly.****
>
> ** **
>
> You didn’t answer my question: can the process be more than one level
> deep.  Can it be parent / child / grandchild or more?****
>
> ** **
>
> Thanks.****
>
> ** **
>
> Stan Feinstein****
>
> w. 310-230-1722.****
>
> c. 310-428-5748.****
>
> ** **

<export date="Fri Dec 14 10:44:31 SGT 2012" version="8.3.2">
<process id="000000000000135">
<category>Child Process</category>
<status>Live</status>
<type>Test</type>
<version>6</version>
<module/>
<sla/>
<notes/>
<audit>No</audit>
<swimlanes>0</swimlanes>
<company>Administrator</company>
<parent>ABYD:Sample Form</parent>
<maintainLayout>0</maintainLayout>
<assigneeGroup>1;</assigneeGroup>
<task id="000000000000317">
<name>Grandparent process</name>
<type>Child Process</type>
<pinx>87.0</pinx>
<piny>69.0</piny>
<order>2</order>
<subprocessversion>4</subprocessversion>
<category>Test</category>
<group>Administrator</group>
<retenclosing>No</retenclosing>
<tasksla/>
<starting>No</starting>
<subprocessid>000000000000133</subprocessid>
<subprocessname>Grandparent</subprocessname>
<description/>
<groupsql/>
<taskrule/>
<audit>No</audit>
<width>25.0</width>
<height>15.0</height>
<outcomefield/>
<supportCompany/>
<supportOrganisation/>
<wizardOutcomeLabel>Please select the outcome</wizardOutcomeLabel>
</task>
<task id="000000000000316">
<name>Child Task</name>
<type>Child Process</type>
<pinx>88.0</pinx>
<piny>43.0</piny>
<order>1</order>
<subprocessversion/>
<category>Test</category>
<group/>
<retenclosing>No</retenclosing>
<tasksla/>
<starting>No</starting>
<subprocessid/>
<subprocessname/>
<description/>
<groupsql/>
<taskrule/>
<audit>No</audit>
<width>25.0</width>
<height>15.0</height>
<outcomefield/>
<supportCompany/>
<supportOrganisation/>
<wizardOutcomeLabel>Please select the outcome</wizardOutcomeLabel>
</task>
<dependency>
<firsttask>Child Task</firsttask>
<nexttask>Grandparent process</nexttask>
<sharetype>OR</sharetype>
<outcome/>
<restart>No</restart>
<restartsla>No</restartsla>
<beginpoint>Bottom</beginpoint>
<endpoint>Top</endpoint>
<cp1pinx>100.16666412353516</cp1pinx>
<cp1piny>61.66666793823242</cp1piny>
<cp2pinx>99.83333587646484</cp2pinx>
<cp2piny>65.33333587646484</cp2piny>
</dependency>
</process>
<process id="000000000000133">
<category>Grandparent</category>
<status>Live</status>
<type>Test</type>
<version>4</version>
<module/>
<sla/>
<notes/>
<audit>No</audit>
<swimlanes>0</swimlanes>
<company>Administrator</company>
<parent>ABYD:Sample Form</parent>
<maintainLayout>0</maintainLayout>
<assigneeGroup>1;</assigneeGroup>
<task id="000000000000313">
<name>GP Task</name>
<type>Grandparent</type>
<pinx>75.0</pinx>
<piny>27.0</piny>
<order>1</order>
<subprocessversion/>
<category>Test</category>
<group/>
<retenclosing>No</retenclosing>
<tasksla/>
<starting>No</starting>
<subprocessid/>
<subprocessname/>
<description/>
<groupsql/>
<taskrule/>
<audit>No</audit>
<width>25.0</width>
<height>15.0</height>
<outcomefield/>
<supportCompany/>
<supportOrganisation/>
<wizardOutcomeLabel>Please select the outcome</wizardOutcomeLabel>
</task>
</process>
<process id="000000000000139">
<category>Parent</category>
<status>Live</status>
<type>Test</type>
<version>19</version>
<module/>
<sla/>
<notes/>
<audit>No</audit>
<swimlanes>0</swimlanes>
<company>Administrator</company>
<parent>ABYD:Sample Form</parent>
<maintainLayout>0</maintainLayout>
<assigneeGroup>Administrator</assigneeGroup>
<task id="000000000000329">
<name>Child Process</name>
<type>Parent</type>
<pinx>130.0</pinx>
<piny>38.0</piny>
<order>2</order>
<subprocessversion>6</subprocessversion>
<category>Test</category>
<group>Administrator</group>
<retenclosing>No</retenclosing>
<tasksla/>
<starting>No</starting>
<subprocessid>000000000000135</subprocessid>
<subprocessname>Child Process</subprocessname>
<description/>
<groupsql/>
<taskrule/>
<audit>No</audit>
<width>25.0</width>
<height>15.0</height>
<outcomefield/>
<supportCompany/>
<supportOrganisation/>
<wizardOutcomeLabel>Please select the outcome</wizardOutcomeLabel>
</task>
<task id="000000000000328">
<name>Parent Task</name>
<type>Parent</type>
<pinx>130.0</pinx>
<piny>10.0</piny>
<order>1</order>
<subprocessversion/>
<category>Test</category>
<group/>
<retenclosing>No</retenclosing>
<tasksla/>
<starting>Yes</starting>
<subprocessid/>
<subprocessname/>
<description/>
<groupsql/>
<taskrule/>
<audit>No</audit>
<width>25.0</width>
<height>15.0</height>
<outcomefield/>
<supportCompany/>
<supportOrganisation/>
<wizardOutcomeLabel>Please select the outcome</wizardOutcomeLabel>
</task>
<dependency>
<firsttask>Parent Task</firsttask>
<nexttask>Child Process</nexttask>