Master Corey,

I'm certain you hear some bad language at school. I was your age,
and I have kids your age now. As you go through life you are going
to hear some very rotten language in many places. It's unavoidable.
I can't keep my own kids away from it as hard as I try. I hope you
know that sometimes the standards in life that you want to live by
aren't being observed by the people around you, like at school.
Sometimes your own behavior won't meet the standards you set for
yourself.  That doesn't mean you should stop trying to meet those
standards. You shold try even harder.

I once got into some trouble with a Judge for saying a curse word to
a lawyer.  You know what?  I regret it.  In hindsight, that curse
word accomplished nothing.  It certainly didn't make that lawyer
agree with me on what we were arguing about. In fact it pushed us
further apart. All it did was make me look bad.

I know you are going to curse sometime in your life.  I probably
will again too.  Remember though that this Board is a public place.
You will find that you give a much better account of yourself if you
don't curse in public places.  People will think more of you if you
avoid those words.

Now my admonishment to Skip was with you in mind, because as a
parent I do think that adults have to show someone who is 12 the
appropriate standards by example. I won't say something
condescending to you like "You'll understand when you get older."
I've listed to you on the radio and know you are an exceptionally
bright young man, so I know you do understand already.  I bet if you
showed this to your parents they would agree with me.

I'm also willing to bet that you are going to be at that Tillie-Town
festival this weekend with your folks.  Hope you have a great time
there, friend.

--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, Corey Maccaro