--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "Skip Bernstein" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Truth and consequences; Asbury residents, the financial stepchild
of
> the jersey shore, are overtaxed and underserved; it is painfully
clear
> that the west side has had, and continues to get, the short end of
the
> stick of expenditures, services and improvements.

I almost spit my coffee out on the keyboard laughing so hard at that
comment.

overtaxed compared to whom???? What percentage of new UNABATED
housing has been ADDED to the tax rolls in the last 5 years? 5 years
ago, only 30% of the housing was owner/occupied. Have current
estimates indicated that number has increased significantly? What's
the tax burden on residents living in the non owner/occupied
housing?

underserved compared to whom???? I wish my school district was
spending the equivalent of Rumson Country Day School's tuition per
child each year. Throw that onto this $400,000 grant from the state
and the $80,000 traffic study from last week, and I'd be living in a
fricking Utopia.

Just because there's a big vacuum that mysteriously sucks money out
of Asbury Park faster than it comes in doesn't mean the city is
being neglected by the county/state/nation/planet.

--

As an aside, my kids love the spray park in Holmdel, and that thing
EASILY cost $800,000 to build.