Dear Dan & Others:

As self serving as this sounds, I make this invitation to all
interested.

First I would like to point out that my fight for useof the building
has had three fronts.  One the city.  Two the onslaught of the unpaid
taxes.  Three the alledged mal practise of the lawyer we retained
back in the beginning, Peter Falvo, Esq.

On Point two:  I have a private local supporter keeping us from
foreclosure with his own money - so the building is secured and the
taxes are being paid until the courts decided that here in Long
Branch we should have had the exempt status all along.

On Point One:  The City and I are heading towards Third Circuit
Appeals court this spring and I have reason to believe we will
prevail.

On Point three:  "The Falvo" Matter.  This morning we had to fight
off another attempt of the defendant Falvo to gain a dismissal
through motion.  The Long Branch City Planner certified in support of
Falvo's motion, saying that the application we submitted for the
class D bulk variance - solely for "church" use at 162 Broadway (an
old boxing club and non profit hall previously) was moot, even though
it was flawed, because we were not up to date on our taxes in 1995.
This has been the major sticking point in the case.  The city is
defending it's actions to deny us because they say we screwed up the
applications process.  The Judge in this hearing this morning ruled
that the city planner was; "full of it"  There is an ordinance on the
Long Branch books that allow for the them to hear an application as
long as those taxes were in fact eventually satisified, if they were
even due.  This is a major victory for the Lighthouse Mission here in
Long Branch.  The trial on this issue alone was set for October 30,
2006.

HERE IS MY POINT AND MY INVITATION:

I agree with you all that Asbury park has more than their fair share
of this burden.  As a matter of fact, as the City of Long Branch has
been trying to convince me to get out of town here, they have always
looked to motivate me towards asbury.  I truly feel this has been an
abuse to Asbury park and an injustice to my ministry.

If any of you want to take up the charge to allow my mission to
operate in the property it owns so it can service it's fair share
here than I would welcome the out cry and the support.

I have not come against much of a community and public outcry against
me and the mission, it has been solely "political" powers objecting
and their power brokers.

Some of you may want to attend out council meetings and tell our city
council they need to revisit their attitude and decision on the
Lighthouse Mission on lower Broadway.  That the denial of our
existence has caused an imbalance in the surrounding communities and
that it is about time Long Branch took care of it's own problems and
stopped railroading & busing the problems into other surrounding
communities.

Of course, if anyone was so inclined I would submit the mission,
myself and anything they would need within reason so as to feel
completely comfortable with supporting us here.

My program for housing is simple.  Shelter provided in a dorm
setting requires those here to be actively working or looking for
work.  They have to have a structured plan to end their homelessness
and is has to be acted upon.

Please feel free to contact me.

Rev. Kevin Brown
732.222.6224