--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> In a message dated 9/7/2007 11:30:03 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>
> Paul,....Be careful about your unsubstantiated  allegations of
wrong doing.
> You can open yourself up to a defamation and  slander action.
>

> Asbury Park Press, March 22, 2007 by Nancy  Shields:
>

> Morristown Police Chief Pete Demnitz ...said sometimes  police feel
the
> mission is not being truthful about the people who are staying
there. The chief,
> himself, went to Scott, after arresting a man wanted for  murder
who was
> staying at the mission. He told Scott that the mission had to do  a
better job
> screening clients and that there was a perception that the mission
had a "don't
> ask, don't tell" policy....his testimony also showed that the
Morristown
> mission is not located near schools while the Asbury mission would
be  within a few
> or several blocks of two elementary schools and a middle  school.

http://www.aol.com

OK: You are quoting one official you has testified "his opinion" not
substaniated facts.  Besides, believe it or not, no one owns the
wrong doing of another.  Example:  If you decide to go and murder
some one, should the "Yahoo Group Members" stand in judgement for
murder with you?

Absolutely not!  It's absurd!  Homeless people are homeless for many
reasons.  Cronic homelessness is generally based on a few social
impact reasons.  Drug addiction, alcoholism, mental illness and a
criminal record.  These categories of folks have a more difficult
time gaining employment.

Without money, you can not pay for shelter in a normal rental
capacity.

So of course 99.9% od all those going to shelters are people in these
social ills.

So when you say; "Look that guy who slept at the Rescue Mission last
night is a convicted felon!"  You're right!  99% of the time.

So your arguement is not revealing anything.

My heart goes out to you and your concerns.  I am a missioner, I
don't prefer to work with folks with these types of troubles.  I am
called vocationally to do it.  It's tough, and many people in a
community don't want you there, even the minister.  But there is
absolutely no evidence to substantiate that the minister or the
ministry is manufactoring these problems.

These social problems are society's to own.

You might as well blame McDonald's for having a hiring policy against
one or all of the conditions I mentioned above.

I am not looking to fight about it, I am just trying to tell you -
you are beating a dead horse - with this particular statedgy and
spending a lot of money better applied elsewhere.

How much has Stand Up Asbury spent on this legal fight to date?

KB