--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "asburycouple" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Alright Kevin - here's an issue related to a discussion we had a
couple
> of weeks ago that you appear to have skirted several times despite
my
> asking you very directly.  You have been extremely critical of
anyone
> who questions our commander in chief on Iraq - essentially saying
it is
> wrong to question the CIC when our people are in harms way.  So
this is
> the fourth time I've asked you the same question...  When we were in
> harms way in the balkans, did you also support our then President
> Clinton as aggressively as you are now supporting Bush?
>
> Let's see if you can avoid skirting the issue.  I'm sure the
previous
> times I've asked you just forgot to respond.
>

> > In a message dated 9/11/2007 4:57:16 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
> > jerseykev@ writes:
> >
> > Just so the group knows, I do not skirt issues. I answer questions
> relevent
> > to the issue. I never respond to personal questions that have
nothing
> to do
> > with the issue.

I do not see a logical question here.  You use the word "question"
when it comes to Bush, and by the way I never said it was wrong
to "question" a president - I said BASH.  Where did you goto debate
class Mario's school of twisting people's remarks?

Then in the Clinton model you use "did I support" and added a few
extra's like "aggressively like I supported Bush."

Being that the question is not a comparison, because the elements
have no parity, I will out of respect answer what I think the
question is.

Presidents, no matter who, should not be political fodder during a
time when our troops are engaged in a war.  The Terrorists are using
all of this to recruit new terrorists.

Now Bush, show me over his last 6 years how many times I have written
an editorial in the Asbury Park Press, or any other newspaper, for
that matter in support of President Bush!  Don't waste your time,
never.

I did however do one in a Washington DC paper at the start of the
shift from Afganistan to Iraq.

I will say, I only had two problems with Clinton during his 8 years.
I did not like the way he handled Somalia, and Black Hawk Down is a
good movie about that event.  More so he lost me completely, when he
looked into the eyes of the Nation on TV and lied to us all.

However, show me a post here or a letter to the editor in any
newspaper, where I voiced my displeasure with him?  Again don't waste
your time, I never did!  Even though at that time I was a registered
Republican.

Now in fairness, Clinton did something I benefit from cause on
September 20, 2000, or was it the 22 ND, either one of those two
dates.  I was called and invited down to the White House when he
signed The Religious Land Use & Institutionalized Person's act of
2000.  Unfortunately I was on other business, and coul dnot attend.
I had spent pretty much the whole summer down there walking the halls
to get support for RLUIPA.

With him signing it, I gave him a better grade than he had with me
before that date.  I was grading him pretty high on economy, however
that changed when VP Gore revealed that it was Gore who actually
invented the Internet, and I felt technology was the driver of the
economic up swing.

I answered your question once before when you first asked about The
Balkens, I told you I couldn't attribute american troops action to
that police action, becasue it was a committment through the UN, no
this independent decision.

Besides Bill Clinton was not a left wing liberal.