In my opinion, the notices went way beyond the call of duty.  The
trees were planted on what I believe is public property.

Have you ever noticed the big difference between the neighborhoods
north and south of Sunset Lake?  Sometimes people cannot put their
finger on it but actually it's the trees.  The slum lords of the
predominantly multi family south had them cut down illegally - just so
they would not have to rake!

Most of the old rows of Sycamores planted around town were put in by
the city in years past.  The city is responsible for their
maintenance.  This job was largely neglected until Tom P. joined the
shade tree commission.

The commission didn't just plant this and that.  They put thought into
what to plant where.  Lower growing trees went under powerlines,
taller ones in open areas.

The commission looked everywhere for funding and got it.  Tom P, Amy
Quinn, Mr. Giberson Sr. and several other commission members whose
names I cannot remember have a lot to be proud of.  Their legacy in
this city will grow for generations and I for one am extremely
grateful.