Wow, Charlie,

Your opinions seem to change more frequently than ocean breezes!  It
was not too long ago that you claimed that there was so little to DO
on the boardwalk that people would not spend time there but would
move on to more exciting places. Tonight you are amazed by "Boardwalk
Magic".  Hmmm.

Possibly you are enjoying yourself more in Asbury Park recently.

The "North Side" of North Beach – Facing Ocean Avenue that you ask
about….  North Beach faces Ocean Avenue on the EAST side; get a
reliable compass!  (Then again, sandpiper got west and east confused.)

I have been told by a terrific source that the residents in those
units took on a whole lot of water during the fiercer rainstorms this
year.  Yes, North Beach is leaking and the work that you see is
correcting that particular problem.  If people are complaining, there
must be residents in North Beach.

I took a tour of Wesley Grove this year, it is certainly not full,
but people DO live there.

Since neither of us live there, our place is to observe, comment and
appreciate.

There is only one Asbury Park and it does not have to be there for
everyone to enjoy.  The people of Asbury Park are doing their best so
that we can enjoy their City.

As always, I encourage you to TALK with the people of Asbury Park
when you visit, you will learn many things.  That's how I learned
about the leakage at North Beach – and that was over a month ago.

Remember – that nice Blue wall that you like so much might be a Red
wall tomorrow.  Things change!

Glenn

--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, charlie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> "
> As much as we all criticize the redevelopment and the developers,
>
> seeing something like this makes us realize that Asbury Park has
really

> rebounded. Its no longer the ghost town it had been. Its a great
city

> that hopefully will only keep growing. And it has nothing to do
with

> condos."
>
>      The condos that are already built arn't even selling, are
they?  Does anyone know what teh status of North Beach is??  It
doesn't look too lived in yet!  Also, i've been trying to figure out
what happened to the north side of north beach, facing Ocean ave.
Major stucco re plastering for the last month?  Any ideas on what
happened?
>      I think there's going to be a big problem with the condos.
The ones built don't seem to be selling.... How does anyone figure
the massive amount yet to come will sell either?  We will just have
to wait and see how all that works out.
>      But, weather the condos come or they don't.  The "magic" going
on on the boardwalk tonight shows the condos have nothing to do with
it.  Condos or no condos, the boardwalk will always have "stuff"
going on.  So what if there are condos a few blocks away, or upstairs
on Ocean ave.  As long as everything on the ground floor stays
retail/clubs/entertainment then the area will always have stuff going
on.  We will just have to wait and see what happens next.