--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, Jersey Shore John
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Baseball is not inherently about communicating ideas like music
is,
> especially folk music. Bad analogy.

So athletes cant have opinions too?  You're saying only "artists" are
the enlightened ones who have ideas?  I don't need to know how to
play a guitar to speak my mind.  I don't play an instrument or an
organized sport, so I'm not taking either side. But like musicians
and celebrities, athletes have the spotlight too... they do talk
shows and interviews, they can talk politics if they want, and some
do... but most of the time they keep their mouth shut.

The point is that I pay to go to a baseball game to see baseball, and
I pay to go to a concert to hear music.  If I want to pay to go see
politics, I'll buy a ticket to a political rally.

Springsteen (and EVERY other musician) absolutely has the right to
say whatever he wants at his shows... they're his shows after all...
but the fact that he chooses to think he knows it all and that
everyone in the crowd agrees with him just isn't the right thing to
do, in my opinion.