athletes are making too much money to say anything. people keep their
mouths shut for money. it should be obvious that a singer/songwriter
like Springsteen is a little more of a thinker than say..i don't know
can't name a sports person. nothing against physical achievement.

he is expressing himself arcman, not assuming he knows everything or
that anyone agrees with him. he is expressing his feelings, his
heartbreak about his country.

tommy, writing about the working class IS political. i would argue
everything is political...not in the smarmy, manipulative, position
juggling, ulterior motive use of the word...but in that how we live
together, how we treat one another, care for one another, protect
those who need care and punish those who trample the rights of others.
everything is political essentially.