For those of us who have kids, but would never send their kids to AP schools, I
think it is wrong to assume that is based on any kind of "white fear." I would
not send my daughter to the AP schools bc they stink. Plain and simple. (The
Hope Academy is not ranked very well either.) If I stay here, I will send her
to the Ranney School bc I want her to go to an Ivy League school or MIT (if she
so chooses), not a local community college.  I have talked with other parents
of all colors and no one with means will send their kids to the AP schools
whatever race, or will for early years and then they are out. I hope my
daughter is smart and I want her to be challenged, and I don't think she would
be in the public schools here where a huge percentage of the students do not
even test as proficient in core subjects!