I tried to leave AP at 2:30 pm today to head back to NY to go to work tomorrow
and dig out there as well. This is after digging out 3 cars and a path around
my whole corner property - which btw no one else seemed to do.

Asbury Ave was plowed yesterday and finally bond street in the middle of the
night. It woke me up and I saw the front loader make a mountain at least 12
feet high in front of my driveway gates.

Back to trying to leave AP. First I head down Main St to go to the Quick Check
in BB. Halted at Corlies Rte 33. Main St blocked. A state or county road? Turn
down Rte 33 and figure go right to GSP. Halted right after memorial. All the
cars have to back up because we can't get through. A State or county main road?
Disgraceful. It gets better. Try Asbury Ave. Make it to Jimmy's. Fed Ex truck
stuck. Back up again. Wander around (go down and back up) several streets.
Finally make my way back to Memorial. I try Sunset with success (but slow). Get
to Rte 35 and decide better chance there then go back to AP circle and Asbury
Ave.

Only 1 lane barely open. Going fine and see southbound traffic stuck behind
tractor trailers stuck going into Wegmans. We get stuck behind traffic a little
north. Hoping to turn left at Rte 36 and get to GSP. Get to Rte 36 intersection
around 5 pm. 2.5 hours in car by then. Police won't allow left onto Rte 36
(although south bound 35 are allowed to make right).

Continue up Rte 35 north and see southbound traffic backed up for miles.
Finally can make left onto Shrewsbury Ave (cleared of snow) and within 15
minutes or so on GSP and sail home.

A usual 45-60 minute trip home to SI takes 4 hours. People here on SI
complaining about NYC response to snow. But I can tell you that the side street
I live on is in better shape than I road I traveled on today in NJ with the
exception of Shrewsbury Ave and Newman Springs Road.

Shame oon the state of NJ, Monmouth County and the City of Asbury Park and
adjoining shore towns. The amount of money spent on public works and pensions
and the level of response is disgraceful. I am paying almost $12K in taxes in
NJ and I am being robbed.

The main routes (33, 71, 35) should have been all completely cleared by today
with all lanes open. There is no excuse for this.