Re: Winamp going to heavens on 20th of December 2013

robjoy wrote:

And airplay... One of the worst inventions of Apple. A proprietary format that works only if you have Apple devices. But of course this is not surprising. With Foobar, you can use UPnP, which works everywhere. Android, wireless speakers, your xbox or ps3, ios, your mac... you name it!

I'm sorry, but only Apple haters say that. Fact is that UPnP is a horrible, bloated, incompatible mess, and that's despite the fact that it's fully published. Look, I don't like proprietary protocols either, but really, given that the AirPlay protocol is now thoroughly reverse-engineered (at least for audio) and there are aftermarket software and hardware products that use it, and that each and every one of these works pretty much flawlessly, it's hard to argue that it only works with Apple products. Stop throwing stones, dammit! big_smile

And yes, I am well aware that I seem to be defending Apple a lot on this thread. tongue