Re: preparation regarding copyright

not just that, but you'd have to go ask the company you think they stole the sounds from to see if they were watermarked in some way. And what about mixed sounds? Maybe in a cut scene, they hada sound of a bunch of guns firing. And maybe one of those 7 or 8 simultaneous sounds was from an illegally obtained sound ideas dynamic range cd. How are you going to isolate that one sound? It'll discourage people from posting about their games on here because you, jade,  are going to hound them to make sure that they didn't steal any sounds. Or they'll just lie about it or keep it hush hush. Either way, you won't be catching them if they don't want to be caught. So would you rather have this open honest thing we have now where we know that crazy party is pretty much a piece of fan work/tribute to mario party/pokemon. Or would you rather have people quietly stealing music and sounds and just not telling you, or lying that they bought it? Because that's what most people are going to do.
Now you're probably going to twist what I said, and reply something like, "Ah so you're saying that you will just have your way no matter what the admins say, and that's fine, but it's against the rules". Or something to that effect. That's pretty much what it is. The thing is, it's not just me. If I were alone, you could ban me and watch the tempest in a teapot settle within a few days, because my opinion was unpopular, and people wouldn't be too sad about it. Unfortunately I'm voicing the popular opinion here, with no embellishments and comparatively little sugar coding. My posts are getting thumbed up which shows that I am getting support. A lot more than are any of the admins'.
Ps: To Jade, just out of curiosity, can you write up a  preliminary list - it doesn't have to be exhaustive or anything - of all the games that would be blacklisted? I know crazy party and rhythm rage are on there. But there are definitely loads and loads more. I just want to see what you are initially thinking about.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Draq via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : juan reina via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Exodus via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : ironcross32 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : turtlepower17 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Ethin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : keyIsFull via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Draq via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : keyIsFull via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : keyIsFull via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : keyIsFull via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Jayde via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : keyIsFull via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Jayde via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Jayde via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Liam via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Jayde via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : aaron via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : arqmeister via Audiogames-reflector