Re: Corona Virus: is it the beginning of the end?

If people had complied better, then everything would have been brought to a dead stop, so no that wouldn't have helped anything. I understand your concern, respect it even. However, these numbers, and the percentages, do not lie. We have to look at this in the bigger picture which means taking things in light of either the entire world population, or that of each country so you get the percentages of both the world and each country you're looking into. I am sure there will be many more who contract this virus, but I don't see the medical system getting completely overwhelmed, not at the current rate of recovery. We've got to get things back on track here and open things up so that we can try and go on living like we're supposed to. Now that I know these figures and what they actually represent, I am even more convinced that all these regulations are absolutely pointless, all save for one. I do agree that travel between countries should still be restricted, but that is a given. However, to make it mandatory for people to put on a mask in order to even leave their homes is not only stupid, it is insane. It is due to information such as what I have provided in my example that I will not stand for being made to subject myself to all of these needless regulations. I've lost my career, as have many others, due to this and I'm not going to sacrifice any further for something that, as the figures have shown, doesn't not currently represent a major threat. In the name of common sense, I just cannot do that, and will not do that. I will be mindful of others and keep a respectable distance between myself and others when I meet people, but I am going no further, not until there is sufficient evidence that shows me otherwise and that evidence cannot be based on what could or might happen.. You do make some considerable points Jade, but I just cannot sacrifice any more of my life due to this virus in light of what I have now learned. My intent is not to come across as selfish, but if that's how you choose to see it then I can't help you. In the end, at least you do, hopefully, understand why I take the position that I do in this.