Hi Phil,

I see, your explanation is now clear to me, as I supposed you mean that
also 2 wave taken in different time but in the same condition will sound
different and ADM will report this differences, becose difference in
time (clock). I did not realise this in ADM documentation, sorry.

I've tried and those are the results:

WAV2 to WAV1: -122,3msec, -0,001dB (L),  0,000dB (R)..Corr Depth: 75,1
dB (L), 75,6 dB (R)

FLAC2 to FLAC1: -1,154sec, -0,002dB (L),  0,000dB (R)..Corr Depth: 88,2
dB (L), 85,8 dB (R)

FLAC1 to WAV1: 1,479sec, 0,004dB (L),  0,000dB (R)..Corr Depth: 83,4 dB
(L), 102,6 dB (R)

All three diferrence file are audible, someone could argue about type
and amplitude of differences, but not me.

Then now we Know that:

1.Until the SPDIF OUTPUT of SB there is ANY difference in FLAC or WAVE
(tested).

2. At the Analog output of SB - If you don't lock SPDIF Clock - AMD
detect differences, but is not meaningful, differences are also between
two WAV files! (tested).

3. If you lock SPDIF Clock, differences detected by AMD are null or
very little, so we could probably say they are not audible (tested).

But Phil, please be patient, what I can't figure is how you can operate
in my lissening chain to trow away clock drifts, looks to me as you
operate ALWAYS in a point 2 like situation. If not, could you explain?

Thanks, Marco.

--
marcoc1712