darrenyeats;543596 Wrote:
> mswlogo,
> In principle I agree. But it's a question of how good the particular
> DAC is whether this effect impinges materially.
> Have a look at
> http://www.stereophile.com/mediaservers/207slim/index4.html . These are
> measurements on the Transporter. Look at figure 5 which shows that the
> Transporter makes a very good fist of outputting a 16 bit signal down
> to the finest resolution. You can see each step in output. Impressive
> stuff IMO.
> Darren

I have a Transporter, great unit. But I don't use it's DACs. I use
Meridian DACs. I can hear loss with 6dB attenuation. And so can 22
other Meridian owners. Use analog volume.

I really need to get some real work done.

--
mswlogo

XP > Cat5 > Transporter/DuetController > SPDIF > Meridian G68 > DSP6000,
DSP5500HC, DSP5000
XP > Cat5 > SB3 > SPDIF > Meridian DSP5000
XP > Cat5 > DuetReceiver > SPDIF > Meridian G91 > DSP5000

'My Transporter Setup'
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showpost.php?p=350741&postcount=45)
'Hitch Hikers Guide to Meridian' (http://www.meridianunplugged.com)