magiccarpetride;581952 Wrote:
> Really? I've yet to meet an audiophile who thinks that digital sounds
> better than analog. Some deluded souls do claim that digital can sound
> on par with analog, but no one ever claimed that it sounds better.
>
> At least to my limited knowledge, that is.

We won´t find an answer here also. Lately i sometimes have read that
analog magic comes into play when reaching 24/192 even on some
audiophile pages.
Even the most best Jazz recording freaks in japan switched from analog
tape to 384kHz. But that is a completely different story.

Above you do again some marketig for the Caiman and how it tries to
approximate vinyl.
Well other audiophiles will tell you that attempt is false, better get
a non-oversampling DAC :)
I even wasted some time now visiting the Caiman page. Can´t find
anything special on it. An generic up-to-date DAC with LM4562 Op amps
in the exit that even i may like ;)
It makes me wonder that you claim it sounds that much different as all
other Dacs you heard.

--
Wombat

Transporter -> RG142 -> Avantgarde based monoblocks -> Sommer SPK240 ->
self-made speakers