On 10/10/10 21:54, magiccarpetride wrote:

> Same debate is raging over at the photography camp. Digital vs film.
> I'm just a dabbler, but to my eyes film is vastly superior to digital
> photography. Even though, same as vinyl, you could say that film has
> that 'surface noise', and is liable to all kinds of chemical-induced
> noise, it still presents a much more superior rendition of the
> photographed scenery.

That's not so. I recall a test in some photography magazine where they
took two pictures of the same subject with essentially the same camera,
except one had a digital body, the other was (high quality) film. They
then blew up both photos very large. The digital one was far better. It
had better colour balance and better resolution.

R.
--
"Feed that ego and you starve the soul" - Colonel J.D. Wilkes
http://www.theshackshakers.com/