opaqueice;581959 Wrote:
> Oh, to my ears digital certainly sounds better.  Vinyl has that
> irritating surface noise.
>
> I'm not sure I'd call myself an audiophile, but I've certainly spent
> lots of time and money finding an audio system I like, and I listen to
> it all the time.  I'd never trade it in for a vinyl rig, no matter how
> high quality.

Same debate is raging over at the photography camp. Digital vs film.
I'm just a dabbler, but to my eyes film is vastly superior to digital
photography. Even though, same as vinyl, you could say that film has
that 'surface noise', and is liable to all kinds of chemical-induced
noise, it still presents a much more superior rendition of the
photographed scenery.

Same, to my ears, with vinyl. But we're now getting into the personal
taste, and that's not worth debating.

--
magiccarpetride