evdplancke Wrote:

> For unicorn, I believe like you probably that there are enough
> scientific evidence they don't exist so we are not in any of above
> categories.

So what makes you so confident in this case and so undecided in the
"cable and server tweak voodoo" case? What kind of "scientific evidence
that there are no unicorns" are you referring to?

It's not "our" task to prove that there is no such cable/tweak voodoo,
because common sense at least suggests it does not exist. This thread
still contains some counter arguments as well as a simple test set up
("pull the damn cable") for further assessment.

Everyone claiming "facts" that contradict common sense is - in contrary
- deemed to provide verifiable evidence for his claim. The more
outrageous and quixotic the claim is, the more supporting evidence it
needs.

If not, we just end with the simple

... there are unicorns, because I've seen one ...

aka

... there is cable voodoo because I can hear it ...

Cheers

superbonham

--
superbonham