pski;686710 Wrote:
>  "Noise" is an analog term. Since the derived data is digital, "noise"
> on the line is irrelevant. See #2.

There no such thing as a digital signal. What is commonly named digital
signal is a saturated analog signal. Though this analog signal is
relevant for data reconstruction. You did not answer the question: what
happens of the noise that reaches the Touch. It might have little
incidence on data reconstruction though higher noise will result in
higher packet retransmission, but it is going into the Touch anyway,
not in the bits of data, but as an analog signal that may increase
output noise.

pski;686710 Wrote:
> No. Parity testing/reconstruction/request for retransmit operations are
> done in the NIC (network interface card.) The CPU doesn't know anything
> about it. When your O/S displays packet statistics, it has just asked
> the network card how things are going.

You are only shifting the question. The NIC has also a processor (let
us call it NPU if you like) that can also cause electrical noise into
the Touch.

pski;686710 Wrote:
> So, yes, bit perfect data does means the data that left the one end is
> the exact data received at the other.

I don't think you can draw this conclusion from your answers.

Cheers

evdplancke