Phil Leigh;686727 Wrote:
> Indeed - so far nobody has answered this question except to say that the
> buffer isn't big enough to hold enough music to form an opinion... Which
> is complete and utter rubbish as far as I am concerned. I'm still not
> sure that people understand we have really bad aural memory and if it
> takes hours or days for us to decide if something is better or worse
> that almost certainly means it is hasn't changed at all!

Couldn't agree more - if there's a difference then surely the CONTRAST
between 'before' and 'after' should be most notable at the changeover.
Our other senses tend to behave this way I believe.

Of course, that short 30s 'golden period' only applies to uncompressed
music.  For streamed FLAC it's a good 50% longer, and for 'insane' MP3
it's half of a typical 3 minute track.  Of course, the problem here is
that those hearing the network effects will claim that FLAC, and
especially insane MP3s, already sound too bad to hear the effect.

--
chill