chill;686726 Wrote:
> So just unplug the damn cable!  What's in the buffer by that stage is
> not a saturated analogue signal, but a stored representation of ones
> and zeros.  Pull the cable - eliminate the effects of the server and
> the transmission noise.  Can you hear a difference?

Indeed - so far nobody has answered this question except to say that
the buffer isn't big enough to hold enough music to form an opinion...
Which is complete and utter rubbish as far as I am concerned. I'm still
not sure that people understand we have really bad aural memory and if
it takes hours or days for us to decide if something is better or worse
that almost certainly means it is hasn't changed at all!

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...
Touch(wired/W7)+Teddy Pardo PSU - Audiolense 3.3/2.0+INGUZ DRC - MF M1
DAC - Linn 5103 - full Aktiv 5.1 system (6x LK140's,
ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5), Pekin Tuner, Townsend
Supertweeters,VdH Toslink,Kimber 8TC Speaker & Chord Signature Plus
Interconnect cables
Stax4070+SRM7/II phones
Kitchen Boom, Outdoors: SB Radio, Harmony One remote for everything.