SoftwireEngineer wrote:
> Back to good deals, I think KEF and Focal are good because they are able
> to do some R&D because of their market share/volume. B&W is still high
> priced.

Most of us are typically prioritizing "value", but not everyone is
restrained.  Thankfully.  I'm glad that some are willing and able to
splurge for the KEF Blade or the Focal Stella Utopia.  We all benefit
from that, but why do "we" get hung up on jealousy?  Why characterize
such a purchase as a waste or think of that buyer as a fool?  WE are
CRAZY if we think that way.

B&W may have higher margins due to successful marketing.  Good for
them.

I do prefer to stick to the proven names with a reputation for value.  I
don't think Focal's Utopia line is value oriented at all (at MSRP), but
one can find a deal with a bit of luck and effort which will make the
purchase rational.  Frankly, I'm not spending $2 grand on speaker stands
unless they are loaded with at least $1,500 cash.  LOL.  I doubt there
is much value at MSRP in any of the statement lines, but again, I don't
pay MSRP!  As for Cary, well, read about the SLP-05, for example.  Or
the SLP-98.  Their gear doesn't have the Mac look nor does it come with
Mac pricing.  As for the sound quality, well, I hope some will check
them out (especially Ralph...the 306 will blind him!).