SoftwireEngineer wrote:
> After this thread, I went ahead and read about Magico. One interesting
> thing the designer mentions is about screwing the drivers to MDF. They
> ultimately become loose. But the whole Magico frame itself is bolted
> together. Wouldn't these bolts become loose too ?
I'm certainly not here to defend Magico - I've never heard them. But I
can address this specific concern.

Drivers screwed onto MDF baffles will become loose if you keep undoing
and re-fastening them, because the self-tapped threads they create in
the MDF eventually crumbles away. But if you screw something down with
big enough screws to the right torque and leave it alone, I see no
reason why they should come loose in normal usage.

As for bolts coming loose - not if you use lock washers or nyloc nuts.
And not if the bolts are big enough and tightened to the correct torque.
Think about the wheels on your car, which are subject to at least as
much vibration as drive units in a speaker - do they come loose? Only if
you fail to tighten them properly. (I speak from personal experience
having once forgotten to tighten some wheel nuts. Fortunately I was
travelling in a straight line at low speed when the wheel came off. And
luckily the brake disk acted as a "backup" and stopped the suspension
components from crashing into the ground!).