cliveb wrote:
> Audiophilia is nothing to do with rational or scientific debate. It is a
> religious belief system whose proponents' behaviour in audio forums is
> like Jehovah's Witnesses constantly knocking on your front door. They
> cannot be reasoned with. Engaging with them here is the equivalent of
> standing on the doorstep arguing with a nutter (rather than politely
> saying "no thanks" and closing the door).

Hmm... I wonder what the audiophile equivalent would be to the copy of
"The Communist Manifesto" I used to keep in my front hallway just in
case of Jehovah's Witnesses showing up?

"To try to judge the real from the false will always be hard. In this
fast-growing art of 'high fidelity' the quackery will bear a solid gilt
edge that will fool many people" - Paul W Klipsch, 1953