superbonham wrote:

> They do exclude one another in the sense that they address different
> questions. There is no scientific way to address 'human opinion'
> [preference, taste, mood], because it's just not a scientific category.
> There is simply no scientific way to tell whether some audio equipment
> or tweak sounds better [right, more intense, ...] to someone - it's just
> not the right question asked.*

It might be the "wrong question" if we're writing a scientific paper.
But it's the right question for many people in practice.

This brings us back here.superbonham wrote:
> 'High fidelity' music reproduction ... is purely an engineering
> discipline where science and measurements apply - there is simply no
> room for opinions ...
There is plenty of room for opinions in hi-fi music reproduction. Many
would say there's room for opinion in most things audio - but even the
most hardened skeptics would acknowledge there is room for opinion when
it comes to things like loudspeakers. So your statement over-steps the
mark.

If is correct, and there is no room for opinion, then please tell me
which loudspeaker science says is the best.
Darren

Check it, add to it! http://www.dr.loudness-war.info/

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/richpub/listmania/byauthor/A3H57URKQB8AQO/ref=cm_pdp_content_listmania/203-7606506-5721503.

SB Touch