jh901 wrote:
> Will your CD player and line-stage pre amp sound the same as mine if
> swapped into your system?

I have no idea.  Given that you seem to be a anti-science golden ear, it
is possible that your audio system is technically speaking, sheerest
junk.

> And if yours are swapped into mine?  Remind me of your gear chain.

I'm not going to get into a one-upsmanship audiophile bragging match.

> It is possible for those with experience to hear differences using any
> number of sets of similar length (8-10').

The most likely source of the perception of audible differences among
people of the anti-science persuasion is the absolutely bogus listening
evaluations that they base all of their thinking on. As bad as their
listening comparisons are. they can be pretty well counted on to
perceive that everything, even two copies of the same piece of gear or
the L& R channels sound vastly different. They will do that while
possibly overlooking clearly audible differences because their preferred
methods of working are so overwhelmingly biased towards both false
positive and false negative results.