jh901 wrote:
> It makes more sense to you that any number of thousands of audiophiles
> from Japan, Germany, France, UK, Canada, US, etc are brainwashed than
> the far more obvious conclusion which is that you aren't interested in
> understanding why the gear which I would likely buy reproduces recorded
> music so much better than mass produced stuff in you would buy.  Nah!
> It's all the most epic business scam of all-time.  Science.

'we’re not wired to think scientifically'
(http://eatingacademy.com/personal/wired-think-scientifically-can-done)

"We are not genetically equipped to think logically or scientifically;
such thinking is a very recent tool of our species that must be learned
and, with great effort, “overwritten.” Furthermore, it’s likely that we
are programmed to identify and replicate the behavior of others, rather
than think independently, and independent thought may actually cause
emotional distress."

"To try to judge the real from the false will always be hard. In this
fast-growing art of 'high fidelity' the quackery will bear a solid gilt
edge that will fool many people" - Paul W Klipsch, 1953