marcoc1712 wrote:
> Nothing strange in this, they will always do like that. But You know
> they ar esometime rigth just because you don't clearly stated BEFORE it
> was not faseable...
>
> If you did,  You could even charge them when you discover they did. But
> if You have  asetting in the system that broke you software, is up to
> you, You are going to recieve complaints and - sure - your software is
> broken here.

You still don't get it. It's not my App that breaks, it's their
Squeezebox system.
My App can do nothing about the fact that they have no artwork in their
WAV files. My App can do nothing about the fact that with uncompressed
HD streams all of a sudden they can't sync several players over WiFi
anymore. My App can do nothing about the fact that some streams no
longer play because they don't have the required codecs on their NAS.

But they still come to me because my App is how they use their system so
obviously it has to be able to cope with all the stuff they do to their
server and fix all these issues.

> Those are yuor opinons, not fact. I could say misuse of tagging and
> streaming with WAV could cause problems, then a Tagging application or a
> server shoul take care of this or... Just don't support them!

Oh yea, what a GREAT idea. Are you sure you ever talked to real
customers?

The customer has a problem, they don't care what part of the system
breaks, they don't care whether it's their own fault, they want it fixed
and it has to be fixed without them changing the transcoding settings
back because, of course, "with FLAC the box sounds like crap".

> So I suggest you don't support WAV TAGGING, clearly STATE you retain
> support IF PCM streaming is activated (you could check it in your
> software, I suppose) in your software. If someone then call you for
> this, You could even charge him (Major software company do exactly that
> way).

Listen, I have 1400 characters to describe an App, I can't write a
300-page book about limitations of the Squeezebox system if you apply
certain audiophile nonsense settings.
Plus, real-life users don't read that stuff anyway if it's more than two
lines of text. Heck, I can't blame them, I don't.

---
learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox
and
Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
at penguinlovesmusic.com
*New: iPeng 8, the Universal App for iOS 7 and iOS 8*