Julf wrote:
> You might have noticed that I followed up with:
>

> So yes, I was actually interested in hearing if it was purely a
> subjective opinion, or if there actually was some sort of formal
> listening test that attempted to address the issues associated with
> sighted listening.

You missed the point, different could be determined by an ABX or other,
better could not! Better is a personal opinion,  you are allowed to
disagree, sure, but You have to respect the fact that is his true,
honest, personal, opinion.

Arguing on that matter is arrogant, means you want your opinion be
superior the others one and this is arrogant also if you have academics
titles, if you have not...

We are still talking about 'better' here...