ralphpnj wrote:
> Quite true but where does one draw the line?
It's pretty arbitrary, right? 16 years for driving. 18,000 ft for Class
A airspace... In our context, I think the arbitrary choice is up to the
person spending time and/or money. My line may be different from yours.
My own cost/benefit.

> In the case of measurements, often times the measurements presented in
> high end audio magazines are deemed irrelevant, especially when the
> measurements run counter to the opinion.  May I edit? "High end audio
> magazines are deemed irrelevant" by me for
upholding standards to which I would hold myself.

> Well if the differences are there because of poorly designed equipment
> then we are not comparing apple to apples. Falling back on the "well
> designed" equipment reason is no reason at all. A poorly designed apple to
> the same poorly designed apple isn't valid?
That's what I meant. Many assume that if "it is known" how to design
properly, that all available designs are proper. That's not the case.