marcoc1712 wrote:
> You missed the point, different could be determined by an ABX or other,
> better could not! Better is a personal opinion,  you are allowed to
> disagree, sure, but You have to respect the fact that is his true,
> honest, personal, opinion.
>
> Arguing on that matter is arrogant, means you want your opinion be
> superior the others one and this is arrogant also if you have academics
> titles, if you have not...
>
> We are still talking about 'better' here...

"Better" is a huge, gaping rabbit hole into which many audiophiles fall
and on which much of the high end audio business is based.

By moving all equipment evaluation into the world of opinion, i.e. this
piece of equipment sounds better than that piece of equipment, all the
evaluations become equally valid and thus beyond criticism. In other
words, all the evaluations are equally pointless.

In the case of sound of wav files versus flac files there are NO
differences but there appears to be many opinions stating that wav files
sound "better" than flac files. So what Julf is rightly asking is how is
that "better" evaluation being determined since from a purely objective
standpoint there are NO differences between the two files.

For some strange reason I can never get over the fact of why believing
in scientifically proven facts is considered an "opinion". So for
example, would my belief that 2+2=4 be considered an opinion and subject
to the same debate as say my opinion that "Unforgiven" is the best Clint
Eastwood movie? Get the point?

Living Rm: Transporter-SimAudio pre/power amps-Vandersteen 3A Sign. &
sub
Home Theater: Touch-Marantz HTR-Energy Veritas 2.1 & Linn sub
Computer Rm: Touch-Headroom Desktop w/DAC-Aragon amp-Energy Veritas 2.1
& Energy sub
Bedroom: Touch-HR Desktop w/DAC-Audio Refinement amp-Energy Veritas 2.0
Guest Rm: Duet-Sony soundbar
Garage: SB3-JVC compact system
Controls: iPeng; SB Controller; Moose & Muso
Server: SBS on dedicated windows 7 computer w/2 Drobos