“Seems to me that our sport spends far too much of its time and energy flogging
dead horses.”

Should I just send GQG, Jack Igullden’s and the South Cerney ES 60 to the
knackers yard then.

From: Tim Shirley
Sent: Wednesday, December 24, 2014 7:55 AM
To: Discussion of issues relating to Soaring in Australia.
Subject: Re: [Aus-soaring] IS-28B CQC's last flying day:

There is a Pegase at Horsham, owned by the Horsham Flying Club.

There is a Centrair Marianne 2 seater at Benalla, privately owned.

As a club committee member, I would have 2 comments about this thread:

1.  It doesn't seem to be a wise strategy for the future of gliding to teach
tomorrows pilots to fly in yesterday's gliders.  The ASK21 is not new, but at
least it is closer to modern technology than an IS28 and flies much more like a
modern glider.

2.  I'm not sure where anyone would obtain liability insurance or hull
insurance for training someone or flying a passenger in an "experimental"
category aircraft of any kind.

Seems to me that our sport spends far too much of its time and energy flogging
dead horses.

Merry Christmas to all.

Cheers

Tim Shirley