On 24 Dec 2014, at 8:21 pm, Derek Ruddock <drudd...@iinet.net.au> wrote:

> So when the student finally hops into the Jantar he thinks, great, If I spin,
> I’ll have at least 1500feet before I reach VNE?
> Sorry, but I think that teaching REAL spinning characteristics and recovery
> (and hence why spins should be avoided) is more important than simulations

I learned to spin in a Puchatek and a Bergfalke.

Having learned, I can’t say that spin entry differs much at all between them,
Libelles, Pik-20D’s, ASG-29s, Super Decathlons and RV-6s.

A spin is a spin. Why would teaching it in a DG-1000 be any different from
anything else?

(and how do you reach VNE in a spin at all?)

  - mark