On 30 Oct 2006 at 15:29, Also Sprach Robin Berjon:

> On Oct 30, 2006, at 15:06, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > my $root = $out->input->getElementsByTagName('body')->get_node(1);
> >
> > But it doesn't return anything. his makes the server fall over with a
> > plugin error, $root being undefined.
> > If I change 'body' with 'div' (there are plenty of divs) it returns
> > a value.
>
> Is there any chance that get_node(0) returns something? Have you
> tried to dump the NodeList you get to see if it contains anything?

Well, the docs say that the node list starts from 1 not 0. But I have
tried it :) The above code is used elsewhere, even the get_node(1)
for a single unique node in my DOM. This works.

It's the getelementsbytagname that's failing.
When I try to get the body tag the node list is empty.
Bizarrely enough, when I try with the "div" tag, of which there are
several, the nodelist contains only the one Element object.

John