On 30 Oct 2006 at 16:42, Also Sprach Robin Berjon:

> On Oct 30, 2006, at 16:08, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> > The above code is used elsewhere, even the get_node(1)
> > for a single unique node in my DOM. This works.
> >
> > It's the getelementsbytagname that's failing.
>
> It may be a long shot but you should try dumping namespaceURI,
> localName and tagName for body and the divs that match. A number of
> implementations are a bit fuzzy on what they match on for non-
> namespaced methods. The NS variant may work better, and failing that
> you can match on //*:body.

It is a long shot in so far as I have no idea how to do that!
The getelementsbytagname does work on the dom I create, it
doesn't seem to work on the dom that is returned after it has gone
through the stylesheet transforms (3 of them).

I will try any method on the dodgy dom if you tell me what they are.
fwiw, toFile does work and all is present and correct in the output
file...

John