Absolutely. It suffices to look at the theorbo preludes of de Visee in
   the Saizenay Ms.
   Best,

   On 1 September 2011 13:45, Rob MacKillop <[1]robmackil...@gmail.com>
   wrote:

     Possibly the straccini (spelling?) of the theorbists in the late
     1600s? The big question is whether slurs were used by Dowland and
     his contemporaries. In later baroque, you do get passages with a
     slur sign over many notes, especially in preludes.
     Rob
     [2]www.robmackillop.net