   From: Benjamin Narvey <luthi...@gmail.com>
   To: Rob MacKillop <robmackil...@gmail.com>
   Cc: William Samson <willsam...@yahoo.co.uk>;
   "baroque-lute@cs.dartmouth.edu" <baroque-lute@cs.dartmouth.edu>
   Sent: Thursday, 1 September 2011, 12:47
   Subject: [BAROQUE-LUTE] Re: Hammering on and snapping off
     Absolutely. It suffices to look at the theorbo preludes of de Visee
   in
     the Saizenay Ms.
     Best,
     On 1 September 2011 13:45, Rob MacKillop
   <[1][1]robmackil...@gmail.com>
     wrote:
       Possibly the straccini (spelling?) of the theorbists in the late
       1600s? The big question is whether slurs were used by Dowland and
       his contemporaries. In later baroque, you do get passages with a
       slur sign over many notes, especially in preludes.
       Rob
       [2]www.robmackillop.net
     On 1 Sep 2011, at 12:29, William Samson
   <[3][2]willsam...@yahoo.co.uk>