KG> 2.2 will help with syncing with a Palm, and all my colleages (and
KG> I) have one, now.

JK> Dunno, sorry.

JK> I can heartly suggest upgrading to the current head of cvs.  See
JK> what others have to say, there are actually Palm-experienced users
JK> around:-))

I'm currently using the (almost) latest CVS version of BBDB and Gnus
with "SyncBBDB" that is a conduit for PilotManager (don't have the URL
handy), and it's working fine (it's supposed to support BBDB 2.2).

My only grudge with PilotManager (it's certainly a fine program on
it's own) is that tends to rely on a lot of Perl packages which aren't
installed by default on most distros, some of which you have to
manually compile and tweak, so if you wanted to deploy it easily
across a number of machines, you'd have to package it up using RPM or
DEB or somesuch.

PilotManager, also relies on a Tk interface (and isn't designed to be
standalone, which is another problem), not gtk.  I'd like to use
gnome-pilot with my BBDB, which comes a standard package with
Helix-Gnome and/or some Red Hat-based distros.

Ideally, SyncBBDB could be written to be a conduit with gnome-pilot,
or at least could be used with both.

Alex
--
Alex Lancaster * [EMAIL PROTECTED] * www.santafe.edu/~alex * +1 510 642-1233