On November 6, [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:

> Fair enough, but this is *not* what I want to do.  I want to use
> exactly that subset of the Palm addressbook's functionality which
> matches the functionality of 'classic' BBDB, and sync accordingly.

Ok; the hitch then is which, if any, of the available variants on
syncing work with 2.00.06 (jwz's one will, but it's incomplete).

> I'm an old dog - but is JWZ turning in his bunk, I wonder?

Well, afaik he's still on the list, and he's certainly not attempted
to have any of us shot. Yet.

> Is the 'duplicates' functionality of 2.2 optional, ie can I set a
> variable to force the old behaviour?

As with most of the changes for 2.2, the old behaviour is the default;
most if not all new features have to be explicitly enabled.

> OK, OK, I'll try to work up the enthusiasm to try it.  Is it still
> deemed stable?

BBDB 2.2 or Gnumacs 19.33? 2.2 is deemed, by myself, to be "pretty
stable" since it's what I use. Occasionally someone checks something
in that doesn't work on one emacs or another, but that's only of
importance if you cling to the bleeding edge of CVS.

> Try loading bbdb-xemacs.el into Gnu Emacs!

Hmm. See, this is what I get for using Gnumacs all the time. Missing
all this fun, or something. I'll have a look at this.

> Cheers,
>
> Patrick

Waider.
--
[EMAIL PROTECTED] / Yes, it /is/ very personal of me.

Ronan Waide, Technology Non-Consultant, please update your addressbook