Just as a further thought after a little more experience with
completion. Bear in mind I'm working on an HTML document.

I like the completion for the tags--useful, although I think there are
a few tweaks that would improve this (anything can be improved of
course...!). What I find frustrating is offering completion of "plain
text", aka English. It'd be nice to see an option that allowed the
former without the latter--for this particular use, anyway. This would
involve parsing the document of course, but then BBEdit already does
that with the syntax colouring, etc. Essentially for HTML files, I'd
like to see an option that allows the competion to only work on text
within the tags.

But long HTML documents can get an awful lot of English (etc.) words,
which then "crowd out" the tags or attributes and their values which,
to my mind, overwelms it.

I'm also finding that it is offering "words" containing character
entities, e.g. "that’s", which I'm in two minds about.

I can see that this will be a better fit when you don't also have a
lot of English (or whatever), as in the case of programming in, Java,
C or whatever, where the words already in the file or project are
mostly identifiers, etc., which is no doubt the original thinking.
(Here, I think you'd want to ignore words in comments and perhaps the
text arguments of "print" statements.)

One thing I have noticed is that if you type the down arrow you can
end up "trapped" in the completion list. I find myself often having to
enter a right arrow to ensure that the focus leaves any completion
list that BBEdit has opened. (This may happen less often in the new
update, but it seems to me that still will happen.) It prevents me
from typing a down arrow to move down to the next line, say at the end
on one paragraph to move to the next point to insert text. (You can't
type tab to do this at this point, that will cause a completion to be
accepted.)

Just loose thoughts! I hope I'm not coming across as too negative. Its
a good idea I think, Its just I find offerring English word
completions overwelms it.