Sorry, I felt i was not clear in my last post . . .

*Also, as for how to change some default stuff, perhaps have a web page (
html file, or maybe even a node.js thing to make it more dynamic ? )*

What I mean by the above, is have an information web page on how to do
various things, like how to set time zone etc. Perhaps as part of the
getting started page thats already on the BBB.

Even though I think Debian is one of the better distro's out there because
of the fact you can simply google the answer to your questions( just one
aspect actually ) I feel that having a web page linked to from the getting
started page on how to change all teh default basic stuff would be super
helpful for new users.